Kaiya has officially been out of my belly longer than she was in my belly. I do miss those days where she was inside my belly, kicking and squirming at midnight. Eric and I were just looking at her newborn pictures, too, and her little legs and arms were soooo skinny. Look at the little chubster now!
We take Kaiya in for her 9 month well baby check-up at Dr. Carolan's tomorrow. So we'll get a chance to see how much she weighs (I think she weighs around 20 lbs.) and how much she's grown. It also means she'll probably get a shot or two, poor baby.
At 9 months, here's some things Kaiya can do:
- Crawl, with her belly off of the floor
- Stand while holding on to something
- Feed herself snacks
- Starting to use her pincer grasp
- Plays peek-a-boo..and we think she says 'boo' randomly
- Jabbers and says mama
- Waves bye (sometimes)
- Barks (yeah, she growls AND barks...LOL!)
- Eats 5x a day (more, if you add snacks)
- LOVES bananas (not mashed up like baby food, but straight from the peel)
- LOVES the beach, the pool, and the bath
Anyway, I'll try and update tomorrow on how her well baby check-up goes. And here she is (don't mind the sour faces, she just woke up from a nap after swimming in the pool)...can you tell she's getting a little tan? :)