Sunday, February 20, 2011

.popsicle time.

I started looking up homemade popsicles since it came up on one of the blogs that I follow, Hostess with the Mostess.  Here's her post on twisted ice pop molds + 11 fabulous homemade popsicle recipes.  I figured who doesn't love popsicles?  And since I bought Activia Yogurt at Costco, we had more than enough to have a go at making some.  The first batch I made was basically just strawberry Activia, vanilla Activia, and some Aloha Maid Strawberry Guava juice.  I stirred it together and poured it into extra Jell-o cups that my mom uses to make her version of the frozen treat 'guri-guri' that you can find only on Maui...I'll save that for a later post.

So hours later, and with an eager 5 year old willing to do some taste testing...the results of the Activia Frozen Yogurt pops were a success!  She said, "It's like eating yogurt, but it's crunchy!"  So smart that girl.  haha.  

I decided to search the internet and see what other recipes I could find and came across this Cookies n' Cream Pudding Pops recipe from Baking Bites.  Super simple recipe, and yet another hit among a 1 year old, a 2 year old, and a 5 year old.  So I'm sure we'll be making that recipe again.

I ordered this popsicle mold made by Norpro,  and since island weather is pretty much summer year-round, the need to try out different fresh and healthy (and not-so healthy) homemade popsicles are in the near future.  

I'll make sure to post again when we try new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...