Monday, April 4, 2011

{marching for babies}

This past Saturday, we marched for babies! It was our first time participating in the March of Dimes walk, but I'm sure it definitely won't be the last. I'm makes me happy to think that we are involving Kaiya in all of these events that benefit our community. I guess she has no choice...whether she likes it or not. But just think about it, if she continues to participate, by the time she graduates high school, she can say that she's been involved for 18 years! I wish I could say that.

This year, MOD took place at Kukui Grove and they teamed up with the DOE STEPS program and held a Parent and Child Fair. There was entertainment and all sorts of activities for the keiki. The walk itself was a 3 mile walk, or 2 laps around Kukui Grove. Such a great event and it's always good to know that the monies raised comes back to our local community.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...